A Dog Guard® Out-of-Sight Fencing System uses a veterinarian-approved combination of animal training and state-of-the art electronics to safely train your pet where it can and cannot go, and is a safe, affordable alternative to traditional pet fences.
How a DOG GUARD® Out-of-Sight Fencing System Works
After your signal wire is buried so that it is invisible to the eye, boundary flags are setup within the fence barrier of the signal wire. During the early days of training, you walk your leashed dog around the inside perimeter of your pet containment area, and verbal commands are used to train your pet to avoid the boundary flags. After your system is activated, when your pet enters the reminder zone (in yellow) 3 to 6 feet from the signal wire, they receive your choice of an audio signal or a mild correction stimulus, warning that they are approaching the boundary. If they enter the red correction zone, they receive a stronger correction.
A Complete DOG GUARD® Out of Sight Fencing DG9XT, DG5000 or DG Micro System usually includes:
- 1 Dog Guard® Lightning Protection Unit – Automatically disconnects the transmitter in case of AC power surges and lightning.
- 1 Dog Guard® 7K transmitter – Transmits the radio frequency to and throughout the buried signal/boundary wire. Also controls the depth of the correction zone, (the signal field or distance from the wire before a reminder or correction stimulus is used).
- 1 DG9XT, DG5000 or DG Micro receiver with nylon collar – Worn by your pet and used to produce a tone or correction stimulus when they enter the reminder or correction zones (i.e., the signal field).
- Signal/boundary wire – Carries the signal from the transmitter that defines the areas your pet can and cannot go, but does NOT carry any current of any kind*. It is buried so that it is invisible to the eye.
- Matching chew protectors – Used to protect the receiver from damage by your pet.B
- Boundary flags – Used during training to help your pet visually recognize where they can and cannot go.
- Burial splices
- Extra Probes – Probes are nickel plated brass (available in various sizes and shapes) used by your Dog Guard dealer to assemble and configure your receiver for optimum contact and efficiency.
- Battery – To ensure their reliability and performance, Dog Guard batteries are specially welded together. Unlike our competitors’ multiple cell batteries which run the risk of breaking contact, DG batteries maintain 100% connection. Sign up for our optional Battery Plan, and help insure the safety of your pet while avoiding the chance of receiver problems stemming from battery failure!
- 1 instructional manual – covering system installation and pet training.
Click here for our warranty information
If you have any further questions about our underground electric dog fence* please send us your questions and comments directly.